Little Creatures Ale Clone Recipe Instructions
- 1 x 1.7kg Coopers Australian Pale Ale Beer Kit
- 1 x 1.5kg Briess CBW Sparkling Amber Liquid Malt Extract
- 1 x 150g Cracked Crystal Grain (Steeped)
- 1 x 35g Cascade Pelleted Hops (15g Boiled / 20g Steeped)
- 1 x 30g Chinook Pelleted Hops (Steeped)
- 1 x 10g M36 Liberty Bell Ale Yeast
- 200g of Dextrose if kegging with no secondary fermentation (not supplied)
- Clean / sterilize all equipment including fermenter, paddle, jug and saucepan
- Place ½ the contents of the Briess CBW Sparkling Amber Liquid Malt into a saucepan with 2L of water and bring to the boil (stirring to dissolve the liquid malt). Set the other ½ of the liquid malt aside for later
- Once boiling lower heat to simmering and add 15g of Cascade Pelleted Hops and simmer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes turn off the heat and add the remaining 20g of Cascade Pelleted Hops and 30g of Chinook Pelleted Hops and stir. Then leave to steep for 30 minutes (off the heat).
- Discard the Coopers Pale Ale Beer Kit yeast and sit the tin along with the ½ Briess Liquid Malt tin in hot water for 15 minutes to loosen contents
- Boil 1L of water in a kettle and then steep the 150g Cracked Crystal Grain in the boiling water (in a jug or bowl) for 20 minutes – stirring occasionally
- Boil 0.5L of water in the kettle
- Strain the malt and hop saucepan into the fermenter – do not add hop pellets
- Add the contents of the Coopers Australian Pale Ale Beer Kit and the ½ Liquid Malt tin to the fermenter and rinse the tins with the 0.5L of boiled water into the fermenter.
- Strain the steeped grain liquid into fermenter (do not add grain to fermenter) and rinse with 500mls cold water
- Add cold water to fermenter to 23 ltrs and test temperature – make sure it is between 18-23 degrees before pitching yeast
- Take initial hydrometer reading
- Pitch 10g M36 Liberty Bell Ale Yeast and stir gently
- When fermentation is finished check with hydrometer and bottle as per normal. Bottle conditioning of 4 weeks is recommended for full flavor to develop
N.B. If kegging, add 200g of Dextrose at step 9